Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the Booking Terms & Conditions for guests?
- View our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Are properties available for parties and events?
- A selection of homes are available for corporate functions, photoshoots, filming and special events. Corporate rental fees apply and do not include accommodation at the property. LUXICO partners with the worlds leading events manager, corporate companies, film location manager and celebrity influencers to engage and inspire meaningful brand connections in the backdrop of Australia’s most beautiful homes.
Our properties provide the perfect location for corporate entertaining, product launches, filming and photography.
Weddings and private parties are not possible at most homes due to local council restrictions, permit requirements, fire safety, limited parking and noise restrictions.
View homes avaialble for filming and events at luxico.com.au/events
- Are special rates available for long stays?
- We are happy to assist guests who are staying for more than just a holiday. If you are renovating, relocating or on secondment for a period of over one month, reduced rates will apply. Our rates are inclusive of all outgoings, wifi, netflix and functional necessities. View properties available for longer stays at luxico.com.au/stay-longer
- What is the Security Deposit Pre-Authorisation?
- Prior to the commencement your stay at the Accommodation, Luxico will place a hold (pre-authorise) an amount on your creditcard by way of security deposit and will be entitled to make deductions from this pre-authorised amount in the event of any damage to the Accommodation or its contents or in the event of late check-out or overstaying. Your security deposit will be automatically released to your card within 5 days from check out, less any additional costs incurred.
- How do I book?
- Booking a Luxico home is easy. Simply submit an inquiry for the property you are interested in, or request a recommendation, and our local reservations team will send a quote for your acceptance, usually within 12 hours. If there are special restrictions for the property you are interested in, we may need to check with the owner to confirm their acceptance of your booking before sending you a link to make payment securely online. Many of our homes are available to book instantly online (simply click Book Now) with payment collected via credit card.
We accept payment via Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Electronic Funds Transfer. Need it now? We are happy to accept last minute bookings. Call us on +61 (0)3 8547 4758 if you have an urgent accommodation requirement so that we can coordinate a member of our concierge team to meet you at the property and assist with any other requirements you may have.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellation and Amendments – if caused by You
If you need to cancel or amend your Booking, please notify us as soon as possible. A cancellation or amendment will not take effect until we receive confirmation in writing or via email from you. If you elect to cancel your booking, money paid is not refundable. If the home is re-let you will be provided with a non-cash credit for the total rental amount received in re-letting the property, less 20% + GST Cancellation fee.Cancellations and Amendments – if caused by Us
If you amend your booking giving us at least 90 days notice, we will be happy to assist you in changing the dates for your accommodation (subject to availability – additional costs may apply if rates differ). If less than 90 days notice is given of your wish to amend your booking, we will be happy to assist you, however, any fees paid for your original booking will not be transferred to your amended booking until such time that the property has been re-let for the dates originally booked.
The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances (eg fire, flood etc). We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we may have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your Booking. If we cancel your Booking, we will refund you any fees you have already paid to us. However, we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance).
- What is the minimum stay?
- Minimum stays vary from 2 - 14 nights depending on the property, time of year and restrictions imposed by building managers. Online rates are typically for stays of 3+ nights, however, shorter stays are available on request at special rates. Please contact our reservations team to request stays of less than 3 nights and they will be happy to confirm options available for short stays and quote rates.
- Who can stay?
- You must be aged over 28 to book a Luxico villa. Not all homes accept children under 12 (including babies) - check the Home Truths on the property page to determine whether the property will suit your group. Pets are permitted at some properties with prior written approval only. Same-sex groups of over 6 guests require written approval. Bucks and Hens groups are not permitted under any circumstances. All guests are required to complete a Guest Agreement online, including the names and ages of all guests staying and ID verification which is used as a reference at check in. The lead guest must supply valid ID and must be present at check in.
For Villa Owners:
- Where does Luxico operate?
- Luxico partners with the best local Property Management Companies Australia-wide to provide homeowners with access to the best bookings (via Luxico) and the best operational teams (via Property Management experts).
- How do I list my home?
- Apply to List your Home and we'll put you in touch with our preferred Property Management company in your location to assess your home's suitability and provide you with a rental income proposal.
- What type of properties does Luxico work with?
- We have a cross selection of properties from quirky homes with design flair and charm to large luxurious estates. The common standard being a property that has all the mod-cons, a great location, comfort and top quality furnishings, maintained to a high standard.
- How does Luxico select guests?
- We know our guests, or our partners do. Many of our guests have booked with us before and we keep detailed profiles on their preferences to assist them with future bookings. Our local reservations team matches the right guests with the right properties to ensure expectations are met on both sides.
- Do I work exclusively with Luxico or can I list on multiple sites?
- You're welcome to rent your home on other sites such as AirBNB. In order to list your home with Luxico, your home must be professionally managed by one of our preferred Property Management partners to ensure your home is adequately prepared to Luxico standards.
- Who deals with the guest after the booking has been confirmed?
- All Luxico guests are met by a member of our concierge team to check them in. We handle all guest communication from start to finish.
- What happens if a guest damages something during their stay?
- All guests pay a Damage Waiver to insure up to $1,000 of accidental damage allowing us to authorise repairs or replacement items instantly. In the event that an accident occurs and costs exceed the covered amount or damage is not covered by the Waiver, costs are deducted from the guest's pre-authorised credit card payment (security deposit).
- Do I need insurance?
- It's important to check if your Home & Contents Insurance includes cover for short-term rentals and if that cover is sufficient to fully cover the valuable items in your home. Luxico can introduce you to an insurance partner who can assist you with this if required.